To signup for the workshop and tutorial, please click here:
Workshops and Tutorials
Is there a "hot topic" that you would like to see represented in the
meeting? Would you enjoy the experience of organizing a workshop or tutorial? Then
find a fellow scientist and jointly submit your proposal to organize
and co-chair a workshop or tutorial by June 1st, 2012. Ideally, the proposed
workshop or tutorial would be co-organized by a senior investigator and a junior investigator
(to provide valuable experience in the process). Individual workshops and tutorials will also be considered.
If your proposal is selected, you will both be responsible for:
- Reviewing and selecting abstracts
- Travel compensation
- Contacting all speakers to coordinate your session.
- Preparing a five-minute introduction for your session.
- Moderating the Q and A after
- Catering costs for requests beyond the conference catering provided
- Minimum 1,000.00 fee to offset room rentals and staffing
To submit your proposal for the meeting you must be registered.
Workshop and tutorial attendees may or may not be registered for the conference.
There will be online registration for selected workshops and tutorials.
Workshops and tutorials are complimentary to attendees.
Please prepare the following five items:
1) Proposed duration: 1 hour, 1/2 day, 1-day and 2-day
We have booked a significant amount of space prior to, and during conference for workshops and tutorials. Audio visual will be available and special catering will be an additional charge.
2) Number of attendees you are targeting.
3) Topic Summary: In 300 words or less, describe your topic. Be sure to
include why it is an interesting topic and why it would be a good fit for the meeting. Also include one to two sentences about why you would both be great co-chairs and how you each bring a different perspective to the session topic.
4) CVs: Attach the CVs of both co-chairs.
5) Two Sample Abstracts: In 300 words or less, please describe what you would speak about during your time slot.
Please email your submission to email@example.com
To download the ICSB 2012 Workshop Guidelines, please click here.