Author Presentation Notification:
Instructions for Abstract Submissions
Deadline for Submission June 21, 2012
You are invited to submit abstracts for either poster or platform presentation. Abstracts should contain only new and unpublished material.
Abstracts will appear on the meeting website and in the program and abstracts volume exactly as submitted, i.e., no corrections, additions, revisions or deletions will be made by the staff. Revisions and corrections may be made only by the author via the abstract submission program, no later than the June 16 revision deadline. The abstract including title, authors, affiliations, text of abstract and spaces should not exceed 2,500 characters. Please proof your text carefully before submitting.
Because platform presentation requests exceed platform presentations slots, authors should be prepared to present a poster if their abstract is not selected for a platform presentation.
A confirmation will appear directly online after a successful submission. Confirmation of abstract receipt will include an abstract control number, an author ID number for future reference and text of the abstract.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Step 1. Enter meeting registration confirmation number.
Step 2. Select Poster or Platform presentation.
Step 3. Select a Research Area from the following list. Select the area that best defines the session in which you would like to be included.
1. System modeling and simulation
2. Chemical biology
3. Synthetic biology
4. Protein and pathway engineering
5. Emerging technologies, tools & algorithms
7. Stem and cancer cell systems biology
8. Data visualization & analysis
9. Protein interaction networks & assemblies
10. Genetic networks
11. Single cell analysis
12. Pathogen systems
13. Experimental design for systems biology
14. Genotype to phenotype modeling
15. Complex genetic traits
16. Systems biology of aging
17. Systems biology of signal transduction
18. Plant systems
19. systems approaches to genome-wide association studies
20. RNA regulatory systems
21. Developmental systems
Step 4. Enter up to 3 keywords.
Step 5. Enter abstract title.
Step 6. Enter author names.
Step 7. Enter body of abstract.
Step 8. Once the abstract is accepted, presenting authors commit themselves to attend the conference.
Abstracts for platform presentation will be reviewed and selected by the program committee. The abstracts submitted for platform presentation that are not scheduled by the program committee for a talk will be assigned to the poster sessions.
Abstracts submitted for poster presentation will be assigned to the session topic indicated on the submission. Posters will be grouped alphabetically by the presenting author’s last name (family name) in the research areas listed above.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
All authors will be asked to approve the following statement when submitting an abstract: "I have read, understand and agree to the submission rules and guidelines." Your abstract will not be programmed if this box has not been checked.
1. An individual may be the presenting author on only one abstract. The presenting author must be the first author to appear on the abstract.
2. Abstracts must be submitted with the intention that they will be presented if selected. Presenting authors are expected to attend the meeting and make the platform or poster presentation. Presenting authors should not submit abstracts if they do not plan to attend the meeting.
3. A complete abstract should include a statement of purpose, methods used, and a summary of results in sufficient detail to support the conclusion. Statements such as "results will be described" should be avoided.
4. Abstracts will appear exactly as submitted, i.e., no corrections, additions, revisions or deletions can be made by the staff. Only the submitting author may make revisions and corrections via the Web abstract revision program. All revisions must be made no later than the June 21, 2012, revision deadline. Please proof your text carefully before submitting.
5. All abstracts submitted will be assigned either a platform or poster presentation at the discretion of the meeting Organizers and their Committee. The Committee reviews all abstracts submitted for presentation and determines whether an abstract is suitable for platform or poster presentation.
6. The Organizers reserve the right to decline a presentation to any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
All revisions must be completed before midnight, June 21, 2012, U.S. East Coast time. Revisions will not be accepted after this date.
The first/presenting author can withdraw their abstract on the abstract revision website. Withdrawal requests (from the first/presenting author only) should be made by midnight, US Eastern Standard Time on or before June 21, 2012. The author will need their last name, abstract control number and personal id number to enter the revision program. All abstracts will be published and cannot be removed from publication after June 21, 2012. Abstracts not withdrawn by June 15 will be reviewed and if selected for presentation will be published online. This information can be accessed by the public.
Author Presentation Notification
Platform and poster notification assignments will be posted by the end of July. Near the posting date authors will be sent an e-mail reminder to check the site for platform and poster presentation assignments.
The Program Book, including the schedule, session listings, abstracts and list of exhibitors, will be provided at the meeting to registrants and is included in the registration fee.
For questions regarding abstract submission and registration:
Anne Marie Mahoney
Genetics Society of America
9650 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 634-7039 Phone
(301) 634-7079 Fax
Click here to proceed to abstract submission: