Arriving From Out of Town
Arriving by air
If you are arriving by plane, you can take a car, a taxi or public transit from Pearson International Airport or the Toronto Island Airport. If you are taking public transit from Pearson International Airport choice of four TTC bus routes:
- 192 Airport Rocket – this bus takes you to Kipling subway station. From Kipling, take the subway eastbound to St. George subway station.
- 58A Malton – this bus takes you to Lawrence West subway station. From Lawrence West, travel southbound to St. George subway station.
If you are arriving in the middle of the night or very early in the morning, public transit access is limited because the subway doesn't run between 1:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. To get to downtown Toronto during these times, you can take the 300A Bloor-Danforth bus from the airport, which provides overnight service along Bloor Street and Danforth Avenue. We suggest taking the bus to Bloor and Yonge (which is minutes away from campus) and catching a taxi from there to your final destination. To reach mid-town Toronto, take the 307 Eglinton West bus, which provides overnight service to Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. From this intersection, you will be able to catch a taxi to your final destination.
If you decide to rent a car at Pearson International Airport and drive:
- Follow the airport signs that direct you to highway 401.
- Take highway 401 east to the Yonge Street south exit.
- Go south on Yonge Street for 10.4 km to College Street.
- Turn right onto College Street and then turn right onto St. George Street. Feel free to stop at the Centre for International Experience located at 33 St. George Street to pick up useful orientation information, find temporary housing or store your luggage.
If you are flying Porter Airlines and decide to take public transit from the Toronto Island Airport:
The St. George campus is located in downtown Toronto so there are many ways to reach it. You can access it by public transit , car , bicycle or on foot. Also check out our information for students arriving from out of town , by air, bus or train.
Getting to Us by Public Transit
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) weaves extensively throughout Toronto, including the downtown areas of U of T. You can get detailed directions on how to get to U of T (or anywhere in the city) by calling 416-393-4636.
Getting to Campus by Subway
There are four subway stations near the St. George campus:
- St. George (at Bloor Street and St. George Street)
- Spadina (at Bloor Street and Spadina Road)
- Queen's Park (at College Street and University Avenue)
- Museum (at Bloor Street and QueenÕs Park Crescent)
- See TTC downtown routes map
Getting to campus if you have special needs
If you are in a wheelchair or have special mobility needs, the TTC offers two options for getting around Toronto and to U of T:
- Wheel-trans services are available for students with mobility disabilities.
- Many subway stations and buses are also wheelchair accessible
Arriving by train
All trains arrive at Union Station located at the foot of the city.
You can either take a taxi to our downtown campus or travel by subway:
- Enter Union subway station.
- Catch the University-Spadina line subway northbound to Queen's Park, Museum, or St. George subway station (depending on your destination.)